Headboards are designed to fit on the end of a
mine prop and increase the contact area between the prop and the
hanging or footwall. This reduces the contact pressure of the immediate
hanging wall or footwall in contact with the prop.
Advantages of Headboards
- Increased support area of prop
- Decreased contact pressure on hanging or
New Concept Mining produces three types of Headboards,
a Universal Headboard (pictured below left), a Pre-Stress Headboard
(below centre) and a ring Headboard (below right).
- The Universal Headboard is designed to accommodate
a range of pre-stress units or in applications where no pre-stressing
unit is required.
- The pre-stress Headboard is a unit supplied
complete with an integral pre-stressing unit.
- The ring Headboard reduces the risk of the
headboard slipping off the pole in conditions with uneven ground.